A break in communication between the controller in the unit and the SX20
codec causes a known issue where the Tactical buttons become unusable.
This is often due to TelePresence Management Suite (TMS) or Unified Communications Manager (UCM), if present, pushing configuration changes to the system when it connects to the network. One of these changes is to turn the Serial Port Login Required setting on the codec to “On” (this is the default serial port setting for devices in CUCM). The serial port login requirement must be “Off” on the SX20 in order for the console to communicate with the codec.
- Avizia screen hangs for an excessive amount of time.
- Computer on the same network as the unit.
- Web Browser
Step By Step Directions
- Using the Codec Web Interface
- Wait 4-5 minutes for the unit to boot fully.
- Avizia screen may still be displayed
- Identify the IP address of the unit
- If the unit has previously been registered with VCS, TMS or CUCM, it should still appear in the system
- If the unit has not yet registered the IP address should appear on the screen in the top left corner
- Open a web browser on a computer connected to the same network as the unit
- Enter the IP address of the unit and press enter.
- Login with Username: admin / Password: blank
- In the top menu bar, click on Configuration -> System Configuration
- On the sidebar on the left, click on Serial Port.
- Verify the following settings
- BaudRate: 38400
- LoginRequired: Off
- Mode: On
- If any of these settings are different than above, the unit will not communicate properly with the codec.