Release Date: 8/25/16
We are excited to announce the release of the Avizia CA750V firmware v2.07 for our Vidyo collaboration enabled carts. This version incorporates additional diagnostic information and introduces fleet monitoring functionality for those that subscribe to the Avizia Fleet Monitoring Service. Please contact your Avizia representative for more details about this service.
New Features, Improvements
- Release of Fleet Monitoring Service
- Avizia is now offering a new fleet service that allows remote administrators to monitor the status and health of their carts.
- For more information, please contact your sales representative.
- Updates to the configuration file allow you to set a static IP address for the cart’s CPU.
- Please use the online tool at https://avizia.com/ca750setup to generate a new configuration file.
- Previously, the cart’s CPU did not have an active network connection. It will now be active when fleet monitoring is turned on.
- Additional diagnostic information:
- Press Home + PC Mode buttons for 5 seconds to generate a log file with wireless information (after connecting a flash drive to the USB port).
- Press Home and PC Share buttons for 5 seconds to view the new CPU information screen.
- Press Home and Call buttons for 5 seconds to enable/disable the fleet service (requires a paid subscription).
- Press Home + Video Mode for 5 seconds to show information for both radios (if configured for single-client mode and if the fleet service is enabled).
- Factory and Wi-Fi defaulting are more reliable now.
- Line endings in the generated log file should now display correctly in all text file viewers.
- The current radio FW (V1.00) will fail to connect to a network that is configured for WPA2-TKIP/AES (Without WPA1 support).
- New FW that fixes this issue is in development and should be released in 1-2 months.
- The industry standard for Wi-Fi is WPA2-AES only as TKIP is deprecated due to security concerns. Avizia HIGHLY recommends only configuring secure networks to use WPA2-AES.
- If a network uses any of the following configurations, the cart should be configured for “WPA-TKIP” or “WPA-TKIP/AES” appropriately.
- WPA1-TKIP and WPA2-AES
- WPA1-TKIP/AES and WPA2-TKIP/AES
Release Date: 6/16/2016
New Features, Improvements
- Remove Single Client Unlock Mode
- The single client mode is now available by default and does not require any unlock code.
- The configuration file and web configuration tool has also been updated to reflect this change.
- Brain HW revision now shown for Rev A as well.
- The HW revision is shown in the status information, brain information and log file now for both Rev A and Rev B to avoid any confusion.
- Disabling the internal network no longer disables the Ethernet switch.
- This change allows the internal Ethernet switch to be used if the customer chooses to leave it connected.
- Added additional Wi-Fi diagnostic and logging information.
- The Wi-Fi status display now shows a % strength when connected to a network.
- The log file returns additional Wi-Fi diagnostic information which is useful for our support teams to help customers with any network issues.
Please refer to Avizia web site for the Avizia User Installation Guide (AVZ-CA750VDOC-UIG-01) and the Release Notes for Firmware Upgrade Instructions on the CA750.
Release Date: 3/22/2016
New Features, Improvements
- Added Log File Generation
- Holding down the HOME and WORKSTATION MODE buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds will generate a log file if there is a flash drive plugged into the configuration USB port on the console.
- Status information and detailed Wi-Fi information is logged for the purpose of diagnostics and support.
- Wi-Fi Configuration file now supports “.txt” extension as well as “.cfg”.
- This feature was added so that fewer issues are experienced when trying to download or save the configuration file generated by the web tool (www.avizia.com/ca750setup). Certain browsers would make it difficult to download “.cfg” file extensions.
- Added support for disabling / enabling the internal network of the CA750.
- Internal Wi-Fi radios and network switch are disabled.
- Gives end-users the ability to use their own network solution.
- This option can be used by editing the CA750CONFIG file and adding the line:
- Set it back to FALSE to re-enable the network connectivity of the cart.
- The network LED will then indicate only the registration status of the codec.
- An option will soon be included in the web configuration utility.
- Fixed support for ‘=’ character in the Wi-Fi fields (SSID or passwords/keys)
- A bug with ‘=’ characters in the SSID, PSK, user id and password fields caused Wi-Fi configuration to fail. This character is now supported.
- Fixed workstation mode in single monitor carts.
- Workstation mode was incorrectly displaying full screen during calls on single monitor carts. It now displays in local preview so that the user can view the PC screen and the call simultaneously.
- Pressing the HOME button did not stop sharing sources in a call.
- The Home button should now stop any AUX or PC shares that are active during a call. It is a quick method of getting back to the main call and stopping any shares without cycling through any other active sources.
- While in a call, for single monitor carts, and sharing an AUX video/audio source, if you switch to Workstation Mode to view the PC locally, it ends up sharing the PC.
- This bug will be fixed in a future FW revision. A temporary workaround is to stop sharing the AUX source first before switching to Workstation Mode.