The American Well C250 is an FDA Class 1 registered medical device designed to create an immersive telemedicine experience with seamless integration with the American Well workflow and collaboration software. This one-of-a-kind solution features an intuitive touch-screen interface to streamline patient intake, start a video consultation, and share diagnostic data – all from a single device.
With multiple form factors, the American Well C250 can be tailored to fit the unique needs of your referring sites and clinical use cases.
• American Well C250 Tabletop (base model)
• American Well C250 Cart (option)
• American Well C250 Cart with 10x zoom PTZ Camera (option)
• American Well C250 Cart with 20x zoom PTZ Camera (option)
System architecture and security
The American Well C250 operates in a secured kiosk mode to initiate and conduct telehealth visits with the American Well platform. No PHI is stored or accessible from the C250.
The American Well C250 uses a proprietary embedded OS utilizing security controls designed for a
Video system compatibility
The American Well C250 is designed to work seamlessly with the American Well software platform. Accordingly, all video calls must be performed from the American Well platform. Direct dial from SIP or other video systems is not supported.
Application standards and specifications
- The American Well C250 application embedded in the device is web-based
- Traffic is encrypted using SSL and all content is encrypted
- All American Well solutions are tested against W3 standards.
For C250 Firewall requirements, please see Amwell Hospital Carepoint Device Firewall Rules.
The C250 can be remotely managed using American Well’s Fleet Monitoring platform that is supplied with your purchase of the device. These remote management capabilities include:
• Alerts for offline or low battery events (SMS and/or email)
• Web-accessible dashboard showing important device details for your entire fleet
• Remote reboot and shutdown commands
• Seamless remote OS and Application updates
• Workflow configuration
The American Well C250 can be updated remotely using the American Well Fleet Monitoring platform. OS updates are downloaded and installed in the background and do not interrupt any operation of the cart. A simple restart is all that is required to activate the new update (no downtime). Configuration options include automatic updates and manual updates that need to be triggered using the Fleet Monitoring software.
The American Well C250 can be set upon a tabletop, mounted on a basic cart with a vertical lift mechanism, or mounted on a cart with a PTZ camera and a vertical lift mechanism.
The American Well C250 can be powered and operated using:
- AC power input: 100-240VAC, 50-60Hz, 135W
NOTE: We recommend that you plug into hospital grade outlet.
- Rechargeable batteries within the device:
- DC Input: 19V, 3A (90W MAX): powers the cradle and tablet, recharges all batteries within the device
- Battery: Approx. 2 hours call time
- Internal (Tablet): 14.8VDC 1880 mAh 27.8 Wh: powers tablet only
- External (Tablet): 14.8 VDC 1880 mAh 27.8 Wh: adds to tablet battery capacity
- Internal (Cradle): 14.8 VDC 1880 mAh 27.8 Wh: powers speakers, USB, LAN,
and PTZ camera (on PTZ-enabled devices) — dedicated to cradle only.
- Charge time from fully depleted to fully charged is ~6 hours
- Network Adapters
- WiFi (dual-band 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac)
- Ethernet (Cat 6) (5m cable provided)
- Encryption: 64-bit and 128-bit AES-CCMP, TKIP
- Authentication: WPA and WPA2, 802.1X (PEAP)
- MAC address (found on system label and in the application)
- Ethernet network interface card
- WiFi network interface card
- “Guest” networks with a redirect splash page are NOT supported
- Video bandwidth
- Minimum video bandwidth: 768 kbps
- Recommended video bandwidth: 1 Mbps (SD). 3 Mbps (HD)
- NOTE: HD video transmission requires the PTZ camera option
- Jitter and Packet Loss (recommended)
- Packet loss < 2%
- Jitter < 15ms
The system hostname can be modified from the application.
American Well C250 technical specifications
|Safe Worksurface working load||
|Operating temperature and humidity||
|Approvals and Compliance||