|Mobile App||Version/Platform||Submit to App Stores|
|AW Touchpoint||v10.27 for iOS/Android||Thursday, October 10, 2019|
The following release notes are for version 10.27 of the American Well Touchpoint for iOS and Android supported devices.
Apps for iOS and Android will be submitted for review on Thursday, October 10, 2019. We will send a followup note when the apps are approved for their respective app stores and are available to download to your mobile device.
✓ Create Cases in Mobile
✓ Added option to feature a participant's video prominently within a video call
✓ Ability to remove a participant from a Call
✓ Refined 'All cases' and 'My cases' content to align with the Clinical web portal
American Well Touchpoint mobile app
Create Cases in Mobile
You now have the ability to 'Create A Case' from your Touchpoint mobile app. You will be able to specify:
- 'Which type of visit?' Select from the list of available clinical modules, as defined by your facility.
- 'Where is the patient located?' Select from the list of available locations.
- 'How would you like to connect?' Select from the list of available endpoints (callback device) where the patient can be contacted (e.g., cart C210, C250, C310, C750). If there is no endpoint, you can skip to the next page.
Review your input and click 'Submit' to create the case. Once the case has been created, you can tap the video camera icon to call the patient on the device you selected.
Additionally, you can navigate to 'Intake' and enter/edit the patient information.
Added option to feature a participant's video prominently within a video call
We have added the ability to feature a participant’s video feed to everyone else on a call. Other users in the call will see the participant’s video feed featured no matter who speaks. This feature is particularly useful for all participants to see the patient’s video feed featured so multiple providers can confer during the consult without interrupting the visibility of the patient.
The patient will still see video for whoever is speaking (they will not see their own video except in selfview).
To set a participant's video to be featured:
- In the Call Controls bar, tap the Participants button.
- In the Call Participants window, tap the mobile icon of the participant you wish to feature. The mobile icon will turn blue indicating that the participant's video will be featured for all other users. NOTE: You will not see yourself listed in the Current Participants list.
You can change who is featured by clicking on the name of another participant and the blue mobile icon will now appear next to that user’s name. At this time, there is no way to “deselect” or remove the featured participant.
Remotely End Call for participant
You can now remove specific participants from the video call using the 'end call' option in the Call Participant menu. This feature is helpful should you need to remove a participant that joined the call by accident or if a dialed participant's phone goes to voicemail and is "stuck" in the call.
To end the call for a particular participant:
- In the Call Controls bar, click the Participants button (you may have to scroll to the left).
- You will see the current participants list with a red phone icon next to each user. Click the red phone icon for the specific participant you wish to “hang up” on without impacting the other participants.
- Confirm your selection by tapping "Remove."
NOTE: The option to end the call will not be available if a call participant has joined using a C210.
Refined 'All cases and 'My cases' content to align with the Clinical web portal
We have tweaked the 'All cases' and 'My cases' page to ensure that the information that is presented from the web portal is also consistently presented on the mobile app.