|Mobile App||Version/Platform||Submit to App Stores*|
|AW Touchpoint||v20.08 for iOS/Android||Wednesday, September 16, 2020|
* Estimated date we anticipate releasing to the app stores.
- BETA release of Touchpoint Tablet — you can now register your tablet (iOS only at this time) as a video Carepoint for the Amwell Hospital platform!
NOTE: You can view any maintenance and minor Touchpoint app update releases (e.g. v20.04.01) on the Amwell Hospital Web & Mobile Updates page.
In This Release
BETA release of Touchpoint Tablet
Currently in BETA through the end of September. Please speak with your Amwell representative for more information about Touchpoint Tablet functionality and licensing.
What is AW Touchpoint Tablet?
Touchpoint Tablet is a new option within the AW Touchpoint mobile app that offers a way to connect your remote providers to on-site patients and providers. You can now enable your tablet devices as video Carepoints that can receive video calls from remote clinical staff using the Touchpoint app. The portable modality of tablet devices enables your remote clinicians to instantly connect anywhere within a hospital.
The Touchpoint Tablet software is available for your iPad devices* and offers the ability to scale a fleet of telemedicine devices immediately, enabled by a quick and easy Carepoint device setup.
Touchpoint Tablet features:
- registers as an endpoint and can be monitored in the Fleet Monitoring portal
- tablets can receive calls from remote providers
- auto-answer capabilities
- launch visits from Amwell or your EHR
- ability for remote providers to add participants during calls
- provider screensharing and image sharing
- toggle front and rear camera for patient or local provider
- automatic software updates via app store
- iPadOS 13.1+
- iPad Gen 6,7, Pro Gen 4
* NOTE: Touchpoint Tablet runs on iPadOS only at this time. We are currently developing for compatibility on Android devices.
Touchpoint Tablet network requirement
Must use Wi-Fi — Cellular networks (e.g. LTE, 3G) are not supported at this time due to bandwidth limitations. Minimum recommendations: 3Mbps Upload and 4Mbps Download (less than 1Mbps Upload or Download not recommended for Video visits).
AW Touchpoint is a downloadable mobile app that can now operate in one of three modes:
- Patient — enables patients the ability to use their mobile devices to connect with their providers.
- Provider — providers can log in to their health systems to create and manage cases, send and receive secure messages, and among other things, manage notifications, appointments, and video calls.
- Touchpoint Tablet — establishes tablet devices as a Carepoint; you can use a tablet as a video endpoint to receive video calls from remote clinical staff.
Touchpoint Tablet can be enabled by tapping the "Set Up Carepoint" button and scanning a QR code for device registration. The QR code for tablet registration is generated from the Endpoints (Fleet) management page on the Enterprise portal — the procedure is similar to registering other endpoints.
Once you are licensed and have the Touchpoint Tablet functionality enabled through your Amwell Implementation Manager, you will be able to select "Touchpoint Tablet" as a device option to add to your fleet of endpoints to care for your patients. You will generate the device registration QR codes from here, and you can keep track of and monitor all of your registered endpoints from the Fleet Monitoring portal.