|Mobile App||Version/Platform||Submit to App Stores|
(w/ Touchpoint Tablet)
|v21.04 for iOS/Android||Wednesday, May 5, 2021|
- TOUCHPOINT AND TOUCHPOINT TABLET
- New video call strength indicators
- Ability to use FECC in TV Kit's Observation Mode
NOTE: You can view any maintenance and minor Touchpoint app update releases (e.g. v20.04.01) on the Amwell Hospital Web & Mobile Updates page.
TOUCHPOINT AND TOUCHPOINT TABLET
NEW VIDEO CALL STRENGTH INDICATORS
Touchpoint and Touchpoint Tablet users and patients can now see their device's video signal strength when joining a video call. The three indicators will help the video call participants be aware of the expected quality of the video call based on the available bandwidth detected on the device being used.
The three signal strength indicators provided are as follows:
- Optimal: The GREEN "full strength" icon will indicate a good network connection.
- Acceptable: The ORANGE "partial strength" icon will indicate acceptable signal strength. A pop-up will appear with a helpful tip to improve signal strength.
- Low: The RED "low signal" icon will indicate that the network signal is too low for a video call. A pop-up will appear to suggest finding a stronger signal.
The call participant must acknowledge the notification, in the instances of Acceptable and Low signals, by tapping the [ X ].
These indicators will be visible in:
- Case and Connect calls made within the Touchpoint app.
- Those joining a call via Guest Invitations via SMS/Email will see the indicator within the Touchpoint app.
NOTE: We anticipate the following features pertaining to signal strength indication in a forthcoming release:
- Those joining a call via Guest Invitations via SMS/Email will see the indicator whether they join the call via Touchpoint or on their mobile browser.
- Reporting for this functionality is currently not available at this time.
ABILITY TO USE FECC IN TV KIT'S OBSERVATION MODE
We have extended the TV Kit's FECC (Far End Camera Control) function to Touchpoint. When you dial into a TV Kit, you are in Observation Mode by default. You will now see the FECC button in the toolbar — when selected, you will be able to control the camera's pan, tilt, and zoom functions.
NOTE: The following will not be visible while FECC is engaged:
- The newly available network strength indicator will not be seen while using FECC.
- Any messages that slide up from the bottom of your screen will not be seen until you disengage FECC by tapping the green check in the lower-right.