|Deployment date:||Thursday, September 23, 2021|
|Deployment window:||9PM – 12AM ET|
NOTABLE FEATURES and CHANGES IN THIS RELEASE:
- Design changes to Messages
- Show participant video start/end times in Case Collaboration tab
- Join Video Call button now remains readily accessible at smaller screen widths
- Network signal indicator: Removed notification for an "acceptable" signal on Wi-Fi
Fleet: Add Wi-Fi Signal Strength to Fleet Dashboard
- Fleet: Outbound alerts for Camera Disconnected Alert
- Stroke Intake Form: Moved 'Handedness' question and now sync with Labs value
- Stroke Metrics Extract: Add "Canceled By" and "Canceled At" Fields to Extract
- Case Details Extract: Updates to MRN Number in Various Locations/Tabs
- Case Details Extract: Now includes Case URL
- Call Log Extract: Time Tracker report column title changes
- Bug Fixes
Design changes to Messages
We are continuously optimizing the visual layout and design elements in order to enhance and maximize usability while simplifying what our users see:
- Updated headers for consistency
- Message icon replaced with a button
- Added blue panel and Breadcrumbs for consistency with other pages across the platform and easier navigation
- Start page for Messages is a list of conversations instead of selecting the latest chat
- For mobile users, in particular, a chat and its details are opened using a new screen instead of being opened in the same space
Right-click image and select "Open Image in New Tab" to view a larger image.
Show participant video start/end times in Case Collaboration tab
The call participant start and end times will now be available under "Collaboration". The details will be logged in real-time as part of the coordination of a case, e.g., to see when the provider has joined the video room so a nurse can join the call, or see if the provider left or disconnected from the call for staff to followup.
Administrators monitoring cases can also see when people have joined and left the call.
This is also important for audit trail tracking for SLAs. This is not a replacement for the call log report, which would be a summary available only to reporting/admin staff.
Join Video Call button now remains readily accessible at smaller screen widths
In efforts to improve browser scalability for the Clinical Portal, when the browser width becomes 1280px or smaller, the right-sidebar will collapse and the Join Video Call button will now persist and scale with the browser window without the user having to locate to expand the sidebar or scroll. The button will be available in the main window
This scaling layout enhancement will enable the user to clearly and quickly select the Join Video Call button no matter the browser window size. Previously, the smaller windows hindered the user's ability to quickly join the video directly from their screen.
Network signal indicator: Removed notification for an "acceptable" signal on Wi-Fi
We have removed the amber "acceptable" signal notification for users connected to Wi-Fi networks. This will alleviate the extra step for users having to acknowledge and clear this message for calls made with "acceptable" signal strength connections on Wi-Fi networks.
NOTE: As we do not recommend using cellular data (i.e., mobile hotspots) for video calls, the amber signal notification will appear for users when utilizing cellular data, even though it is calculated to be an acceptable signal strength — it is only for Wi-Fi connections that this notification is removed.
Fleet: Outbound alerts for Camera Disconnected Alert
Stroke Intake Form: Moved 'Handedness' question and now sync with Labs value
We have relocated the question on patient handedness from the Labs & Vitals form to the Stroke Intake form, while moving the reported handedness value in the Stroke Metrics Extract from the Labs & Vitals tab to the Stroke Intake tab — the question and reported value will no longer be in their previous places.
Stroke Metrics Extract: Add "Canceled By" and "Canceled At" Fields to Extract
We are adding to the Stroke Metrics Extract a record of who canceled a case and when in order to better have knowledge of why a case was canceled without having to reference the Case Details Extract:
- Canceled By
- Canceled At
Case Details Extract: Changes to Patient and Intake form MRN usage hierarchy
The Case Details extract report now favors the usage of Medical Record Numbers (MRN) attached to the patient profile instead of records attached to the case Intake form. This hierarchy has been implemented for Case Details Extract report tabs where an MRN is displayed; however, the Intake tab will use the MRN from the case Intake form.
In addition, the column name "mrnsToDisplay" has been renamed to "mrns" on the following tabs:
- NIH Stroke Scale Tab
- Provider Notes Tab
- Provider Notes 2 Tab
- Psych Notes Tab
- Stroke Thrombectomy Tab
- Technical Issue Tracker Tab
- Triage for Telestroke Tab
- Alteplase Admin Tracking Tab
- Alteplase Decision Tab
- Case Notes Tab
Case Details Extract: Now includes Case URL
We have added a new "case_url" column on the "Case Details" tab of the Case Details Extract Report.
The new column provides a case URL — copy and paste the URL to view the case details in the Clinical Portal.
NOTE: The correct case detail will load up in the Clinical Portal regardless of case or archive status.
Call Log Extract: Time Tracker report column title changes
In a series of improvements to our current Time Tracking report within the Case Details Extract, the following column names have been updated for consistency:
|New Column Name||Previous Column Name|
|Imaging: CT Available||Imaging: CT Available stamp date|
|Imaging: CT Available 2||Imaging: CT Available 2 stamp date|
|Imaging: CT Study Time 2||Imaging: CT Study Time 2 stamp date|
|Imaging: CT Study Time||Imaging: CT Study Time stamp date|
|Imaging: CT Viewed||Imaging: CT Viewed stamp date|
|Imaging: CT Viewed 2||Imaging: CT Viewed 2 stamp date|
We have addressed a number of bugs, including:
- Addressed input field inconsistencies
Fixed issue where video is incorrectly scaled and zoomed in when joining a video call
- Resolved smaller participant video windows scaling too small when viewing presentation stream