|Deployment date:||Wednesday, December 15, 2021|
|Deployment window:||9PM – 12AM ET|
NOTABLE FEATURES and CHANGES IN THIS RELEASE:
- Improvements to the video control interface and video scaling
- Case Form: Added HCPCS codes to the CPT/E&M form field in Provider Notes 2.0
- Bug fixes
Improvements to the video control interface and video scaling
As we work to improve our user's web and mobile browser experiences on smaller screen devices such as smartphones and tablets, our responsive web view of the video console was updated for improved feature focus and usability. With this release, we have made changes including:
- Reorganized the way the UI buttons are presented on the screen to simplify and declutter the number of buttons shown and minimize the button stacking when resizing the browser down to a smaller window:
- The bar will now only show commonly used features: Mic, Camera, People, Chat, NIHSS (if enabled), More, and End Call.
- The "More" button is new and available to capture the less commonly used features. The contents of this menu are organized into easily understandable workgroups. Please note that you may not have access to all features and functionalities in your workflow and view.
- Added a new ability, when in a 2-participant video call only, that allows the provider to toggle how they view the remote participant's video feed. By default, the participant video will be presented as "Fill" for every new video call. The provider can choose to view the participant video in 16:9 format from the "More" button.
NOTE: This feature toggle does not persist from call to call — each new call will start with the participant video in the default "Fill" mode.
- Viewport scaling - Fill (default view)
This is the default way the participant video is shown. The remote participant's video will be expanded and scaled to the mobile or computer browser's edges, as shown below. The provider may opt to switch to a "16:9" format from the option available via the "More" button.
- Viewport scaling - 16:9
Selecting this option from the "More" button will turn OFF the browser window fill of the video and allow the provider to view the entire 16:9 format video of the remote participants' video feed, scaled to fit within the window of the mobile or computer browser. The remaining area of the screen will be filled with letterboxing (black blank space) to show the full 16:9 video window.
- This feature toggle will not be available when there are 3 or more participants on a call, as the window will be fixed to show the full 16:9 window automatically and zooming is not able to be used in multi-party calls.
- Viewport scaling - Fill (default view)
The same simplified call control button set will convey to the Call Layout options, FECC, Interactive/Observer views:
- Call Layout
- FECC screen
- Interactive/Observer views for TV-Kit
NOTE: These enhancements to the video interface are implemented for web and mobile browsers only. These changes will not be present in the Amwell Touchpoint mobile app at this time.
Case Form: Added HCPCS codes to the CPT/E&M form field in Provider Notes 2.0
We have added a dropdown in Provider Notes that allows a provider to select up to two HCPCS codes. Please review the following additional codes and adjustments:
Added the following HCPCS codes:
G0425: 30 minutes
G0426: 50 minutes
G0427: 70 minutes
Added the following ICD10 codes:
I63.9 – cerebral infarction, unspecified
G45.9 -- Transient cerebral ischemic attack, unspecified
R53.1 – Weakness
I61.9 -- Nontraumatic intracerebral hemorrhage, unspecified
I60.9 -- Nontraumatic subarachnoid hemorrhage, unspecified
G40.309 – Generalized idiopathic epilepsy and epileptic syndromes, not intractable, without status epilepticus
G40.509 – Epileptic seizures related to external causes, not intractable, without status epilepticus
R20.8 – Other disturbances of skin sensation
R47.01 – Aphasia
The provider may select up to two codes from the dropdown list.
Changed the name/placeholder from ICD10 Codes to ICD10/HCPCS Codes.
We have addressed a number of bugs, including but not limited to:
- Resolved an issue with the Intake form
- Addressed confirmation popup not appearing upon successful completion of an action
- Fixed an error caused by the button deleting On-Call labels in Enterprise Management
- Fixed an issue with editing display name by admin
- Resolved issue of facility names not alphabetized on Clinical Portal
- Issue with the country flag is fixed
- FECC tutorial now scales to fit mobile screens
- Button alignment in Camera Preview is fixed
- Fixed an issue with email notification of case when provider lands via EPIC SSO
- Resolved the "Updated_by" field to properly populate user names who are updating device information in Fleet Metrics Report
- Fixed an issue with greyed out screen when sharing Horus Scope 3
- Fixed an issue with PTZ camera resetting to Home View after sharing Horus Scope or Stethoscope (C250)
- Additional video call menu is fixed for resolutions below 1280px and mobile device
- Provider's name who merged patients is now correctly shown on Patient Detail page
- Line items for radio buttons are properly left-aligned
- Fixed visibility of provider view during screensharing
- Fixed 3rd party call survey link being cut off for Guest Invite on mobile devices
- Fixed an issue with screen freeze when messaging
- Resolved a bug where the country dropdown on the intake form was not fully visible on smaller screens
- Addressed issue where the selected patient was not visible while managing duplicating patients
- Fixed an issue with participant invites if browser opens in a non-full screen state